Thanks everyone for a fun and scenic 2018 beach run! Results are located here. We will announce the date of next years run in Winter of 2019.
Come out for a morning beach run with great views, ocean breezes and of course treats at the end. Check out our day of race schedule below. The course is on the beach and this beach is mixed with sand, tidal pools, and sections of rocks and pebbles so going barefoot is not advised. The halfway point is when you reach Carkeek Park about 1.5 miles out. There is an optional creek crossing for the more adventurous of the bunch. Pre-registration is $25 and if you are a student or under 14 email us for a discount code. A super low tide only hits a weekend morning a couple times a year so we decided to make an event out of it. A portion of the entry fee will go towards the not for profit Earth Runs.
9am-10am: Bib # pick up & day of race registration ($10 increase) @ registration tent
10am: Start of run & walk (3.5 miles)
10:30-11:30: Post race snacks and medals
Golden Gardens Park is located at: Gardens Park Rd, Seattle, WA 98117.
Join us for this scenic and low key event!
1. Dogs allowed? No.
2. Strollers allowed? No, the course is all beach, rocks and pebbles.
3. Gear Check? No, you may store valuables in your car and parking is located close to the start and finish line. We do have limited space at the registration area if you just ask any volunteer there to store your bag they can put it behind the table.
4. I have pre-registered now what? Come race day and head to the registration booth, where you will find your bib number waiting for you listed under your last name.
5. Chip timed? No, but we do record your time and bib number at the finish so just check with us about your time. There will be a race clock as well.
6. Are there awards or medals? We do not have an official awards ceremony but we will have finishers medals.
7. Is there a time limit? 2 hours and we start to take down the course.
8. Do kids have to register for the 5k? Yes, everyone that runs in the event needs to be registered and have a bib on.
9. Are headphones allowed? Headphones are not allowed near the start/finish area. Other areas of the course you may wear them but please be alert as the course is open to the public and the beach has many other users out and about.
10. What are the impacts of running on the beach? The course is along the beach and does not go in the intertidal zone so there will not be any impact on sea life.
1. Other questions? Contact us at the email below.